Fabrication of a Steel Drive Ring for the Manufacturing Industry
A customer in the manufacturing industry contracted Accurate Metal Products to fabricate the large diameter drive ring shown here. The drive ring was engineered for a rock crushing application, it required not only extreme strength but precision manufacturing as well.
Composed of A514 steel, the drive ring was comprised of three 120° segments, totaling an overall diameter of 154.000", all of which had to meet tolerances of ±0.060", and angular tolerances of ±1.00°. Fabrication required the use of a number of our manufacturing capabilities. Parts were also sand blasted before machining.
For more information on this project, see the table below or contact us directly.
Fabrication of a Steel Drive Ring – Project Details
- Product Name
- Drive Ring
- Product Description
- This component is used for a rock crushing application.
- Custom Flame Cutting Capabilities Applied/ Processes
Oxy Fuel Beveling
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Oxyfuel Flame Cutting Machine and Flame Cut Beveler, Sandblast Booth
- Overall Part Dimensions
- OD: Ø 154.000" Produced to 120 Degree Segments
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.060"
Angular: ± 1.00°
- Material Used
- A514 Steel
- Flame Cut Edge Finish
- 250 - 500
- In process testing/ inspection performed
- Tape Measure (CERTIFIED)
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/ Turnaround Time
- 1.5 Weeks
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
back to top