Flame Cutting of a Steel Rotor for the Electrical Industry
This project exemplifies Accurate Metal Products ability to produce precision flame cut products. The rotor shown here was designed for use as part of a braking system for large machinery. Composed of only 1010 steel, the customer supplied drawings called out a 14" outside diameter, and a 3.5" inside diameter, with a height of 6".
Manufacturing of this component requires extreme precision to create the intricate features; at Accurate Metal Products we are unique in our ability to achieve such precision with flame cutting.
Each finished rotor is also sand blasted and thermo stress relieved. We manufacture this rotor in quantities of 2 to 100, with lead times of 1-1/2 weeks. For more information on this project, or the processes used to fabricate it, see the table below or contact us directly.
Flame Cutting of a Steel Rotor – Project Details
- Product Name
- Product Description
- This rotor is used in a braking system assembly for large scale machinery.
- Precision Flame Cutting Capabilities Applied/ Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Oxyfuel Flame Cutting Machine and Thermo Stress Relieve Oven, Sand Blast Booth
- Overall Part Dimensions
- OD: Ø 14"
Height: 6.0" Thick Plate
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 1/16"
- Material Used
- A36 Steel
- In process testing/ inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection
- Industry for Use
- 2 - 100
- Delivery/ Turnaround Time
- 1.5 Weeks
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
back to top